Experienced insurance and financial services leaders to advise high net worth personal insurance provider as it continues rapid market expansion and growth
PETERSBURG, Fla., June 2, 2021 — Vault, a fast-growing provider of personal insurance for successful individuals and families, today announced the appointment of several new additions to its board of directors. New board members include seven seasoned insurance and financial services executives from Cornell Capital, Hudson Structured Capital Management (HSCM), UBS and Corporate Risk Solutions, among other firms. They join existing board members Charles Williamson, Co-Founder and CEO of Vault, and Scott Carmilani, Executive Chairman of Vault. These new board members join Vault during a period of fast-growth, as the company continues to expand into new markets and disrupt the high-net worth segment.
“We are pleased to welcome our new directors. The wealth of experience they bring will further strengthen Vault’s ability to execute on our strategy, drive profitability and provide a modern insurance approach to the customers and agents we serve,” said Williamson.
New members of the Vault board include:
- Richard Carbone – Richard is a senior advisor to Cornell Capital and former executive vice president and CFO of Prudential Financial. He has held senior finance officer positions in the financial services industry for over 30 years. Richard served as an officer in the United States Marines from 1969 to 1972 and is a CPA.
- Henry Cornell – Henry is the senior partner at Cornell Capital. Prior to founding the firm, he was the vice chairman and one of the original architects of the Merchant Banking Division of Goldman Sachs. Henry has over 35 years of experience across all aspects of private equity investing in a broad array of industries. He completed his undergraduate education at Grinnell College and holds a J.D. from New York Law School.
- Joseph Coughlin – Joe is the CEO & co-founder of Corporate Risk Solutions. He has over 30 years of experience in the consulting, advisory, underwriting and brokerage segments of the insurance industry. During the past 30+ years he has been an active investor in a number of private equity and venture capital partnerships, and a board member in a host of start-up companies. Joe graduated from the University of Hartford.
- Richard Drucker – Richard is a partner and the general counsel of Cornell Capital. Prior to joining the firm in 2018, he was a partner of Davis Polk & Wardwell with primary responsibility for the firm’s relationship with Cornell Capital. Richard attended the University of Vermont for both his undergraduate studies and law degree.
- Alli McCartney – Alli is managing director of UBS. Previously, she was managing director of JP Morgan Private Bank and held a structured equity sales position at Lehman Brothers’ Private Client Group. She has an M.B.A. in finance and international business from the NYU Stern School of Business and a B.S. in economics and literature from the University of Michigan.
- Emily Pollack – Emily is a partner at Cornell Capital with 15 years of M&A and private investing experience. She was recognized as one of the Wall Street Journal’s Women to Watch in Private Equity and profiled in The Deal’s article Private Equity’s Better Half. Emily completed her undergraduate education at the University of Pennsylvania and holds a J.D. from Harvard Law School.
- Edouard von Herberstein – Edouard is a partner at HSCM Bermuda Management Company with primary responsibilities as chief underwriting officer for the Re/Insurance Strategy. Previously, he was the deputy active underwriter at Ariel Re Syndicate 1910 at Lloyd’s of London. Edouard graduated from Metropolitan State University with a B.S. and holds a Master of Science in environmental studies from the University of Colorado Boulder.
Vault is the new standard in personal insurance for successful individuals and families, committed to delivering an unrivaled customer experience where every detail and every interaction is thoughtful and unique. Vault’s proactive approach builds stronger relationships, allowing customers the luxury of feeling taken care of before a claim ever happens. The tenacity of a startup, backed by top investment firms and led by industry veterans — Vault is quite simply a better way to think about insurance. Visit www.vault.insurance to learn more.