Are you ready to wake up and be inspired to go to work every single day?
We are building a modern insurance experience: A company, culture and philosophy that challenges the boundaries of a traditional insurance organization. Founded and led by industry veterans, Vault is changing the game in personal insurance and looking for colleagues that are ready to help us set a new standard.
Our team is highly motivated, collaborative, and fiercely committed to doing things differently. We care deeply about each other and the work that we do.
What we do: We provide Property & Casualty solutions to the high net worth segment of the personal insurance market. Insurance can be fun! Join our team and discover the world of High Net Worth Insurance!!!
Vault might be a great fit for you if:
- You care intensely about being part of a strong culture with organizational values that live at every level.
- You constantly innovate and you understand that no matter what your role is, your contribution is critical to our agent and client experience.
- You pay attention to the details because they matter.
- You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions.
- You are motivated and driven to deliver exceptional service.
- You are passionate about shaping the direction of a young company.
Does this sound like you? If yes, learn more about the role below and apply today. We look forward to meeting you.
Working closely with the Software Development Director, the technical lead oversees one or more software development teams within a product. They are responsible for developing, unit testing, and maintaining software applications according to business needs. They establish and monitor policies and procedures within their teams that produce high-quality software product and service. Additionally, the technical lead will have a focus on client-side technologies and the deployment of serverless technologies.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Translate end to end enterprise and platform solution architecture along with initiative specific business requirements while working with product management, architecture, and the development team.
- Build platforms with a world-class architecture that emphasizes security, resilience, and extensibility.
- Be the technology thought leader in the usage of client-side technologies and the deployment and maintenance of web based solutions.
- Ensure all application solutioning maintains application security, data security, and data integrity.
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices within the development teams as required to meet quality and time to market imperatives.
- Establish hiring/contracting bar for developers on, near, and off-shore.
- Expertise in the operation of a solid and secure Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline with appropriate segregation of duties.
- Participate in interviewing as well as hiring decisions.
- Identify, evaluate, and select new and emerging technologies that can be assimilated within the company and significantly improve competitiveness.
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place to meet or exceed regulatory, compliance, and security requirements.
- Deep technical understanding of cloud-native development, programming languages, algorithms, and optimization.
- Highly experienced in the architecture and development of UI, serverless, and server-side lite based solutions with integration to an open API layer with data-interchange is JSON.
- Exceptionally strong leadership skills managing development teams mixed with on-premises, near-shore, and off-shore resources across multiple time zones.
- Experience and understanding of agile methodology and how the process interacts in an overarching devops practice.
- Knowledge of all development operations such as coding standards, security concerns, change management, implementation management and regulatory control environments.
- Significant experience with various tools in the overall development process such as Source Code control systems, IDEs, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, and general agile methodology facilitation tools (Jira, Confluence).
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and make technical decisions on software development projects.
- Technical knowledge in modern distributed software architecture and AWS platforms and services.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and full understanding of what it takes to operate in a very dynamic, fast-paced and results oriented environment.