Location Includes: New York, New York or St. Petersburg Florida
Imagine a company where people wake up inspired to go to work.
Are you a highly motivated individual who is passionate about an exceptional company culture? Do you have a winning team spirit and a passion for helping customers? Do you have experience in the insurance industry?
Yes? You will want to join us because:
We are building a modern insurance experience: A company, culture and philosophy that challenge the boundaries of a traditional insurance organization.
What we do:
We provide Property & Casualty solutions to the high net worth segment. As a member of our team you will underwrite new and existing business accounts while providing world class service to our broker partners.
We might be fit for you if:
- You care intensely about a strong culture and organizational values.
- You constantly innovate and you understand no matter what your role is your contribution is critical to our agent and client experience.
- You pay attention to the details. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily and if you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- You are motivated and you are driven. You are an empowered team member and you are passionate about shaping the direction of our company.
- Process surplus lines tax transactions for all states within the deadlines set by those state entities. This includes, but is not limited to, affidavit processing, forwarding of policy to appropriate state (if required), and logging of transactions, etc.
- Complete and file tax reports on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual basis; involves running of reports and verification of data to ensure accuracy of information and processing of check requests, making sure to meet all filing deadlines
- Reconcile and correct discrepancies between tax reports and tax documentation received, including working with production teams to resolve invoicing errors
- Research, monitor, and implement any changes required to ensure compliance with each state’s surplus lines requirements
- Maintain an internal log with the status of the tax filing on each transaction
- Monitor unpaid tax reports and other internal reports to ensure timeliness in payment and reporting of all surplus lines’ taxes
- Support state audits or inquiries – verify transactions, documents, and filings
- Keep field teams apprised of any state updates or changes in regulations.
- Ensure all compliance guidelines are properly followed on non-admitted transactions
- Maintain/renew the surplus licenses for the individuals and entities in each state
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Comply with all Surplus Lines Department and overall Company defined policies and procedures.
- Associate degree (AA) from two-year college or technical school and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple priorities in a high-volume position, deliver timely and accurate work products with customer service focus and respond with sense of urgency as required.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong teamwork orientation: willingness to help larger team meet goals and responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of personal lines insurance and/or insurance licensing preferred but not required.