Are you ready to wake up and be inspired to go to work every single day?
We are building a modern insurance experience: A company, culture and philosophy that challenges the boundaries of a traditional insurance organization. Founded and led by industry veterans, Vault is changing the game in personal insurance and looking for colleagues that are ready to help us set a new standard.
Our team is highly motivated, collaborative, and fiercely committed to doing things differently. We care deeply about each other and the work that we do.
What we do:
We provide Property & Casualty solutions to the high net worth segment of the personal insurance market.
Vault might be a great fit for you if:
- You care intensely about being part of a strong culture with organizational values that live at every level.
- You constantly innovate and you understand that no matter what your role is, your contribution is critical to our agent and client experience.
- You pay attention to the details because they matter.
- You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions.
- You are motivated and driven to deliver exceptional service.
- You are passionate about shaping the direction of a young company.
Does this sound like you? If yes, learn more about the role below and apply today. We look forward to meeting you.
The Senior Statutory Insurance Accountant position at Vault will not be your typical day to day accounting role of compiling data and reconciling accounts. Employees of Vault collaborate, across all departments, to ensure we are providing the best product and service to our customers. Vault prides itself on doing things differently, thinking “out of the box” and crushing the status quo. This position will be an important contributor on the accounting team, handling all aspects of the Company’s insurance accounting functions.
The Senior Statutory Insurance Accountant duties and responsibilities will include:
- Record/post monthly journal entries
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Preparation of Statutory quarterly and annual statement filings
- Preparation of premium tax filings and other state regulatory filings
- Assist in the development and maintain a process to record and track cessions and billings by reinsurance treaty and by reinsurer
- Review monthly loss activity to identify catastrophes or large loss activity that may be subject for recovery under the Company’s reinsurance treaties
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly bordereaux filings to reinsurance intermediaries or reinsurers
- Initiate payment to and properly code cash receipts from reinsurance intermediaries/reinsurers
- Conduct accounting research and analysis in accordance with Statutory Accounting Principles
- Assist with audit requests
- Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent is required
- 3+ years of experience in statutory insurance accounting is required
- Experience with ceded reinsurance accounting and processing or auditing ceded reinsurance accounts is required
- CPA license or candidate preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to meet establish deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to self-review
- Write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge with peers and across all levels of the firm
- Ability to gather information, review documentation, ask appropriate questions and perform basis research