Are you ready to wake up and be inspired to go to work every single day?
We are building a modern insurance experience: A company, culture and philosophy that challenges the boundaries of a traditional insurance organization. Founded and led by industry veterans, Vault is changing the game in personal insurance and looking for colleagues that are ready to help us set a new standard.
Our team is highly motivated, collaborative, and fiercely committed to doing things differently. We care deeply about each other and the work that we do.
What we do:
We provide Property & Casualty solutions to the high net worth segment of the personal insurance market. Insurance can be fun! Join our team and discover the world of High Net Worth Insurance that is truly different and puts the ease of doing business a top priority.
Vault might be a great fit for you if:
- You care intensely about being part of a strong culture with organizational values that live at every level.
- You constantly innovate and you understand that no matter what your role is, your contribution is critical to our agent and client experience.
- You pay attention to the details because they matter.
- You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions.
- You are motivated and driven to deliver exceptional service.
- You are passionate about shaping the direction of a young company.
Does this sound like you? If yes, learn more about the role below and apply today. We look forward to meeting you.
We’re looking for an experienced Large Loss Property General Adjuster in the Dallas/Fort Worth or Houston area to join our team.
Within defined guidelines and framework, investigates, evaluates, negotiates, and settles complex property insurance claims presented by or against our clients. Confirms/analyzes coverage, recognizes liability exposure and negotiates equitable settlement in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. Recognizes and empathizes with clients’ life events, as appropriate.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Manages assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with highest complexity damages that require considerable knowledge and understanding of claims coverage.
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to facilitate highest complexity claims resolution. May also involve external regulatory coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and compliance.
- Extensive evaluation for highly complex claims, involving lengthy research and determination of settlement. Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation of potential discrepancies resulting from research involving complicated situations.
- Serves as a resource for less experience staff on complicated claim situations.
- Determines coverage through analyzing extensive information involving highly complex policy terms, including claim resolution.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that involve additional information or considerations regarding settlement amount.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history, determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals, when appropriate.
- Determines and negotiates highly complex settlement. Makes recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of authority limits.
- Maintains accurate and current claim file with critical documentation throughout the claims process for highly complex.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms. Utilizes platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to manage complex property insurance claims.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for claims handling.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as needed to include working significant overtime; may require deployment travel during designated CATs.
- Works independently solving complex problems with minimal guidance; acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- May require travel to resolve claims and conduct in-person inspections.
- Work with other areas of the company including underwriting, finance and accounting, actuarial, sales and marketing, risk management, operations, and technology on projects as requested.
- Prepare claim summaries and other reports as necessary for management. Present severity claims to senior management in large loss meetings.
- Meet with existing or prospective clients and brokers. Attend relevant industry conferences/meetings.
- Comply with internal and external reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
- CPCU, SCLA or AIC designation is helpful.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Minimum of 7 years of personal lines property claims handling experience, with distribution network including independent agents.
- Claims handling experience on personal claims.
- Deep coverage/knowledge of homeowner claims.
- Strong analytical, investigative and problem resolution skills;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including large-group presentation skills
Physical Demand Requirements
- May require the ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds to include lifting a ladder in and out of the trunk of a car.
- May require the ability to climb ladders and traverse roofs, this includes the ability to work at heights while inspecting roofs and attics.
- May require the ability to crouch and stoop to inspect confined attic spaces and go beneath homes into crawl spaces.
- Prior General Adjuster experience
- Prior CAT deployment
- Currently reside in the Dallas/Fort Worth or Houston Area