Preferred work locations for The Data Analyst – Underwriting position include: New York, New York or St. Petersburg, Florida
Are you ready to wake up and be inspired to go to work every single day?
We are building a modern insurance experience: A company, culture and philosophy that challenges the boundaries of a traditional insurance organization. Founded and led by industry veterans, Vault is changing the game in personal insurance and looking for colleagues that are ready to help us set a new standard.
Our team is highly motivated, collaborative, and fiercely committed to doing things differently. We care deeply about each other and the work that we do.
What we do:
We provide Property & Casualty solutions to the high net worth segment of the personal insurance market.
Vault might be a great fit for you if:
- You care intensely about being part of a strong culture with organizational values that live at every level.
- You constantly innovate and you understand that no matter what your role is, your contribution is critical to our agent and client experience.
- You pay attention to the details because they matter.
- You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions.
- You are motivated and driven to deliver exceptional service.
- You are passionate about shaping the direction of a young company.
Does this sound like you? If yes, learn more about the role below and apply today. We look forward to meeting you.
- Support underwriting department by providing and analyzing data for all lines of business
- Collaborate with underwriting and product teams to identify areas for improvement
- Develop an understanding of the business and the data needed to promote success
- Complete compliance, statutory and state audit reporting
- Analyze broker performance and provide feedback to underwriters
- Run ad-hoc reports for various departments as requested
- Create interactive reports and dashboards to assist the business in their growth
- Analyze data and present findings to management
- Assist in testing of data for new states and products
- Perform other duties as required
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of other programming language preferred (R, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of BI Tools (Tableau, PowerBI, Looker)
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to query, organize and interpret large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the insurance industry
- Minimum of 3 years of Underwriting experience