CEO of Vault
Charles Williamson’s experience includes more than 20 years leading, and growing, some of the industry’s most successful institutions. He is an avid CrossFit athlete and an ex-triathlon competitor, as well as a strong supporter of the Challenged Athletes Foundation, which provides and teaches those with physical disabilities to use sports gear or equipment. Vault is a St. Petersburg-based provider of personal insurance.
1. College alma mater? I earned my undergraduate at Marshall University and attended St. John University for law school.
2. Last book you read? Grant by Ron Chernow.
3. Last place you vacationed? Vail, Colorado.
4. PC or Mac? Mac.
5. Guilty-pleasure food? Brownies slathered in peanut butter.
6. We’ll find you on the weekend doing? Outdoor sports—mountain biking, tennis, golf, skiing and CrossFit.
7. Biggest fear? I have a recurring dream about being unable to get somewhere I’m supposed to be and it’s horrifying.
8. Proudest moment? Creating Vault and building an amazing culture.
9. Dream dinner companion? It’s actually a foursome—[musician] Dave Grohl, [radio host] Howard Stern, [late architect] Robert Moses and [late Apple founder] Steve Jobs.
10. Any pets? Jet, a lab mix.
11. Who did you last text? My chief underwriting officer, Mary Qualls.
12. What is your cellphone wallpaper image? A picture of my son, aged 25 and my daughter, aged 18.
13. What do you listen to in the car? Jazz.
14. What is your go-to drink order? Red wine or tequila depending on mood and cuisine.
15. Favorite candy? All types of chocolate.
16. Do you suffer from Primenesia (the act of ordering from Amazon and forgetting about it)? No, I try to shop local.
17. Pool or beach? Pool.
18. Charity you support? The Challenged Athletes Foundation.
19. Favorite childhood memory? My time as a wrestler—including summer tournaments, camps, the whole wrestling season.
20. Words of advice? Develop habits to get better every day.